Monday, January 16, 2006

There's good news...and there's bad news...

Good News:

Tonight I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia at Tysons Corner with Jason and his friends Koffi, Raheil and Rubina. I think I read the book when I was in the fourth grade, but it's not like I remember any of it so it was a whole new experience for me. I'll admit I was reluctant to go for some reason, just because I didn't think I would like a fantasy childrens movie, but it was really really good! I'm glad I went, though I think that half man half goat creature at the beginning of it was borderline pedophilic, but oh well, haha.

Bad News:

Before we left for VA, Koffi used Jason's visitor's permit to park his car in the Graduate Hills lot, and he jumped in our car to go to the movie. Unfortunately, we didn't know beforehand that he had to use the visitor's permit to park in the visitor's lot. Gahh. So as we're going down Tulane Drive looking for his car and don't see it, we come to the conclusion that it might've been towed. Jason parks and we get out and look again on foot, all while a police car goes up and down the driveway and finally stops to ask us why we looked so lost. Jason told him what was going on, and the policeman calls in to ask if any cars had been towed on Tulane that night, and sure enough there was only one and it was Koffi's tags.

As I type they're going past K&D Towing to see where the place is, and Jason's going to drop Koffi off at his home. Dammit, I hate it when stuff like this happens, and I'm still kind of pissed at the system they have for visitors. Either you just have the lot for visitors OR the visitor has the pass and he or she can park wherever the hell they want. That's how it should be, not this park in the lot AND have the pass bullshit. Did they ever think about what happens to people who have the pass but can't park in the visitor lot because it's full? Do they just park in a regular spot and pray they don't get towed away?

Sorry maybe I'm just ranting a little too much, but this still annoys me. Jason said he'd pay for it because he feels responsible for not knowing about the visitors lot beforehand, so that's really nice of him. Anyways, cheerier posts in the future, I promise...or at least I hope.

PS- Notice how the good news is only one-third the size of the bad, HAHA.

No comments: