Wednesday, January 25, 2006

i wish spring semester meant spring-like weather...

Despite being blown away by the wind gusts today, the first day back wasn't that bad. In fact I woke up in a better mood than last semester because I knew I wasn't going to deal with a lifeforce sucking 8am class at the start of the day.

Today I only had feature writing (jour371) and educational statistics (edms451). Feature writing was in the same room in Tawes that I had journalism ethics in last semester, so that's pretty convenient. What's even more convenient is that edms is in the Benjamin Building, which is five seconds away from Tawes. So that means I have a little over an hour to kill to read the paper and eat before that class starts. My feature writing class is incredibly small. I'm pretty sure there aren't even ten people in that class, and with the exception of one guy I knew everyone in there. The guy teaching it seems kind of dry but at least he's not an ass (at least I hope he's not an ass).

Tricia's in my edms class, so that was a pleasant surprise cause I definitely thought I wouldn't see anyone familiar when I stepped in there. And over the winter break I found out Amy Peterson is in my engl348P class, so I'll be seeing her tomorrow. I think she's the first person I've had classes with in middle school, high school and college. Actually, we almost thought we were in the same section for a lit class last semester, so second time's the charm I guess :-)

Tonight was my first day back to the McKeldin circ desk and it was moderately busy. I kinda felt bad for my one co-worker cause he ended up getting all the patrons who had the impossible questions and ridiculous situations. Dang it I hate it when that happens. Oh yeah, I think I also encountered one of the rudest patrons I've ever had today, though the encounter was done before it even started. Basically this middle-aged guy had used the self-checkout (which was screwing up throughout most of my shift) and it didn't desensitize his book properly after he used it. So of course the alarm at the front desk sounded when he went through, but he comes to me in this huge huff and says "FIX IT SO I CAN GO THROUGH," in the rudest voice EVER. What the hell....

I probably should have said that the computers were down or some weird crap like that and make him wait there for being such a bitch. Well that's what my co-workers wanted me to do after it happened, but it happened in all of five seconds so it's not like I had a chance to respond, haha. Ehh whatever, mean people get theirs in the end anyway...right?

On another note, I'm excited the Terps won tonight vs GT, despite all this drama within the team with Garrison and NOW McCray. How someone can get below a 2.0 is beyond me...grrr.

I should get off of this and do some work before attempting to go to bed at a reasonable hour (though I don't see this happening cause I have a craving for the daily show & the colbert report before I go to sleep).

No comments: