We really needed to win tonight, and thank God we did. Now Wake Forest has to deal with three straight losses in the ACC and we can finally regroup from one of the worst weeks for the bball program in recent memory.
It all started with that spanking we received from Duke in Cameron Indoor. Gahh...so many turnovers, it was ridiculous. Then let's not forget Garrison's sexual assault charges resurfacing from October which oh so conveniently rose from the dead at this our hour of despair.
So yeah I'm really glad we won. The crowd was awesome tonight and Scott Van Pelt was sitting in our section which was pretty cool. I was able to get one good shot of him with my camera before it died on me. Which reminds me, I need to get more batteries and I'm not looking forward to buying any overpriced ones at CVS (where's a dollar store when you need one around here?). Also, before the game even started, Justin Gray entered the arena with his shorts on backwards, which someone sitting behind me immediately called him out on. The thing that surprised me is that he actually checked to see if they were on backwards...I mean for all he knows we could've been flat out lying to him (though this time we weren't...they were REALLY on backwards, haha).
The next few days will be a test of my willpower because while Sandee drove me up here this morning I realized in one random moment that I left my mp3 player on my bed back home :-( It's really sad how increasingly dependent I have become on this invention since I've been going to CP. I can't walk the five seconds from Allegany to Susquehanna Hall without turning it on to see if my favorite song is on the radio, or listening to thirty seconds of another song before I run in late somewhere. Plus, I also need it so I can dodge creepy 27-year-old men outside of the shopping center & tune out all the late night stupidity around me (and boy is there a lot of it). So I borrowed my brother's cd player as a backup while I went to the shopping center this afternoon, cause it's a long ass walk from the intersection of hell (aka Adelphi and University Blvd) to Route 1. However, I'm not going to have that with me when I take the train back to Bmore, so that's going to be very very painful :-(
Anyways, a few hours before the game I went into Radio Shack and bought my brother one of those cassette player adapters so he would be able to play his mp3 player in his car, and while there I caught a few minutes of the Colts v. Steelers game on one of the tvs inside. Then I went to Rugged and bought a $3.00 red shirt because I was halfway down Campus Drive when I realized I forgot to put my red shirt in my purse for the game--and I sure as heck was not going to cross the intersection of hell to go back for it. I'll probably butcher the shirt with my scisssors when I'm bored because, like all the free shirts they give out at the games, it fits like a tent. Then I went to CVS really quick and then to Chipotle for some tacos before stopping into Radio Shack one last time to check the score and coming in on the last part where the Colts missed the field goal kick that could've tied up the game. Ouch.
I'm going to end this post for now cause I can't think of anything else that happened today, though I am quite pleased with myself that I've written this much in one month. I'm usually really bad with updating this thing....and will prob go back to being horrible with updating once the semester begins again. Bye bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment