I never thought I would go to the Phillips Seafood Buffet two weekends in a row in two different locations. Thank God for friends who like beaching/gorging on seafood and for a dad who likes to reward good grades with snow crab legs :-)
Saturday, my dad and I went to Lexington Market and treated me to raw oysters and clams, and no more than 20 minutes after this, he treated me to the seafood buffet at the Inner Harbor Phillips Restaurant. I hadn't been to that particular Phillips since a Mother's Day Brunch six years ago for his side of the family, where I got a sinus infection and blew out blood streaked snot (ick). So yeah, this visit was definitely a better one than the last. This was all for making the dean's list this semester. I barely ever tell my parents about good things I do in school, but maybe I should do it more often if it means more seafood, haha. Ahh, just kidding.
Anyways...the seafood didn't stop there, because my dad and aunts and uncles bought some crabs today after grilling some stuff for the Memorial Day weekend. This definitely makes up for last summer when I don't think I ate a single crab. Though this sudden increase in seafood consumption might mean I won't see another piece of seafood for a loooong time :-( I should take advantage of this while I'm still in Baltimore.
In other news, this guy my mom's friend set her up with calls the house two-three times a day, and almost always at night, which is why lately I can't get online here until like 2am lol (because I have dial-up here unfortunately). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they both found each other, but I think if you call at 6am (which he has done before I'm NOT kidding) and call again at like 7pm, then AGAIN at 11pm, what in the hell would you talk about that you didn't talk about in the previous phone call?
Maybe that's me speaking from my phone talking experiences, because honestly I think I suck at it a lot, run out of things to say and create awkward silences--not with journalism assignments mind you, just with people I know personally, hehe. Yeah, there are always some people that I can talk FOREVER with, and maybe this guy is one of those people. But it's rare (and almost always with someone who comes with the price of a long-distance charge, grr). Such is life. I guess that's why I'm on AIM all the time, haha. But yeahh, if I were dating a guy and he called me three times a day, I think we'd need to have one of those "hey chill the fuck out with the phone" talks.
I'm going to try to soak up as much of this Internet as I can before sign-off and head for bed. No telling the next time I'll be on at a reasonable hour :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment