but for now I will just update this thing. Today was the game versus Georgia Tech at Comcast which turned out to be a good game in the end and win for us, which is always good. Of course it was frustrating to watch at times because of all the damn turnovers we make. It was more frustrating to watch when you're on your menstrual cycle from hell that results in extreme stomach pains, feeling lightheaded and being nauseous, which was me today if you couldn't already guess from all the symptoms I just listed. I guess I should be considerate to my readers and apologize in advance if talking about this topic makes you uncomfortable, but I assure you, I was MORE uncomfortable than you'll ever be reading this while I was at that game.
I went from feeling fine at the tip-off to feeling like I was going to literally pass out in the row. With two minutes left in the first half, I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I thought I could hold out until the end of the half, but then I realized I would just be competing with the rush of people wanting to buy overpriced food upstairs. So I ascended the steps, and if you've ever been in the Comcast Center before you know those steps are steep as hell, and the time spent getting to the top seems like an eternity, especially when you already feel dizzy.
I finally got upstairs and it felt like I was subleasing the handicapped bathroom stall for the semester because that's how long I was in there. Shyv, Arnie and Stash prob thought I died in there, haha. Eventually I puked in the toilet, and I felt just a tad bit better. It reminded me of when I puked under similar circumstances when I visited Ben in Rhode Island this summer, except this time no one was there to clean up the mess and I actually had better aim during the retching. I hadn't eaten anything at all before it happened, so at first I was like dry heaving, but then I finally produced something the toilet could be proud of (or not proud of, I don't know it's a toilet, it eats waste for a living).
After that whole episode, I went back down and I had only missed the first two minutes of the second half by then. I had to sit down for much of the half, which I hate doing cause I like standing and being part of the crowd, but I just couldn't do it :-( that is until the end of regulation...
I was too engrossed in finally feeling better, that it wasn't until 2 min left in the second half when I realized "holy shit, this game's kinda close" and all my usual nervous game feelings came flooding back. Before I knew it, the game was tied with 30 seconds to go and DJ Strawberry had the ball, trying to drain the clock out before he attempted a shot. Then he TURNED OVER THE BALL and we were all about to have coronaries as a GT player stormed down the court for the ball looking for someone open to take the three point shot. The guy passes the ball to someone outside the arc, but gets completely rejected by none other than Mike Jones. So he was blocked, the game goes into overtime, and we're all going crazy. At this point I was feeling much much better :-)
So we went on to win 87-84, and it was not only the fourth overtime game in Comcast Center, but also the fourth overtime win. Despite the discomfort, I'm glad I came and I did have fun. Just next time this happens, I'll be making friends with a bottle of ibuprofen, hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment