Friday, February 24, 2006

ladies and gentlemen....i have money

Yes that's right...after having $3.18 in my bank account for the past three weeks, I have finally received my paycheck for work I did since my first day back at McKeldin on 1/25. With exception to the few I have cried to on AIM, I don't think a lot of people knew I was that fucking broke. I didn't want to say anything...not because of a pride issue or anything, cause that's just stupid...but because it seemed like a challenge to me to see how far I could go on so little money. I probably should have realized my logic was STUPIDER. *sigh*

Today was probably the first time in awhile I have felt full after eating, which is really really sad. I've been getting food wherever I could get it, because I ran out of food a while ago. For example, I told Ben last weekend about my predicament, and he surprised me with some pizza outside Allegany when I least expected it, so that was pretty awesome of him. And Erin invited me to a dhall dinner before candy handouts last Friday, and I don't think she even knew about my situation when she offered to treat. Well if she reads this, she probably knows now, HAHA. Wow I feel like such a hobo talking about this, but I don't give a shit cause I'm really happy now. Especially after a week that did not start off so great.

Sunday night was spent writing an entire profile for feature writing in one night because my original interview subject fell through a few days before. I went with my back up, the editor of the Greenbelt News Review (she's been the editor there for 34 years) but it doesn't mean I wasn't pressed for time. I'm so surprised I got through that, and we still get to do rewrites of the story, so I can make up for what I perceived as a less than quality piece of writing.

Monday night was spent writing the first draft of my book review on J. California Cooper's novel, "Family" (it's for my women on the plantation lit class). Thank God I at least finished the book way beforehand, but I still hate the idea of doing assignments (written ones especially) overnight. I also had to miss the first meet night for PSP because of my Monday night 3 hr JOUR352 class, so I was kinda down about that because I was missing out on the result of the PR work Whitney and I did--though about 30 ppl came out that night, and that made me smile :-). Anyways, the first draft was due in class on Tuesday and the final draft isn't due until next Thursday so I have time to make changes from suggestions I received during peer review.

I should also mention I had a JOUR 453 quiz on Tuesday (which should have been a test because it was worth 100 points) and a quiz in EDMS 451 on Wednesday. So I had to study for both while worrying about the profile and the book review. The good news is I got As on both, so even stress has its rewards...sometimes, hehe.

By Thursday night the work finally calmed down a bit. After the pool and poker rush event at the cstone loft, I went to see the Sklar Brothers comedy show in the union's colony ballroom. If you've never heard these two before, I recommend downloading some of their stuff off dc++ or listening to some clips on comedycentral.com. Soooo funny...to me at least cause I'm such a comedy junkie (I have their "chopper four" sketch memorized).

Tonight I'll be seeing the Vagina Monologues in Tawes, so I should probably shower before I see PSP's very own Jillian Bleggi give a great performance :-)

No comments: