....because Blogger.com hasn't been too nice to me the past few days, so the next two entries I wrote a while are combined for your reading pleasure. The first is what I was going to post on February 4th, but it was missing something special, so I decided to hold off until now. Then the second one was intended for last night, but blogger was still being pissy. So for those of you who think this stuff is a little dated...well....suck it up and read anyways.
SOAKED <--original post title
So originally I hadn’t planned on doing today’s scholarship event for PSP, but once I realized that it was either go or be stuck inside all day, I figured it would be a worthwhile outing, and boy was it :-) I’ll start this off by talking about the walk Kim, Brie and I had to take from the commons, across the mall and to lot HH, where we literally crossed five rivers and soaked our sneakers all the way through the socks (damn this campus and its poor drainage). Note that this was BEFORE we were going to be walking in DC for the rest of the day, so I already had that uncomfortable squishy feeling (which I grew accustomed to as the day went on, haha). We hopped on the green line, got off at the archives stop and walked down to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History to watch the Wild Safari IMAX movie in 3-D. I didn’t do as much reaching out and touching as I thought I would, though I really wanted to take the baby elephants and rhinos back here with me cause they were so freaking cute.
After IMAX we were starving so we decided to go to walk down to Chinatown and get something to eat. We finally decided on eating at the fine establishment of Hooters, and this was actually my first time eating there ever. Most of us ended up getting some wings since they’re supposed to be so well known for them. They WERE good, but they were a little too salty for my taste. The highlight of that whole eating experience had to be our interactions with our waitress, Kiki. Kiki is a freshman at GW who’s originally from Chicago (yes we did learn all this about our waiter in one night, she was THAT personable). The funniest moments involved Joe, who after she asked where he was from, responds while flustered "I’m from nowhere," HAHA. Not to mention that Erin and Arnie conspired to get the Hooters girls to sing Joe happy birthday for his tenth birthday (btw it’s not his birthday, and CLEARLY he’s not ten, haha). A picture of said debauchery is below:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/547381705/2975017760084796044ZJUfqX
That was HILARIOUS. I wish I had brought my camera; I’m going to be doing some big time picture stealing from Trish and Joe. By the way, that is also a horrible picture of me laughing hysterically on the left.
I just realized that I’m still in my ridiculously wet jeans and thoroughly soaked sneakers and socks, so I’m about to get a much-needed shower.
-END SCENE...sorta-
Okay, so I was STARVING when I came back from checking out a book at McKeldin, so I was quite grateful to Ben when he said he was planning on having ppl over for dinner. Long story short, Ben, Brie, Kim, Suzie, Miller and I hung out and they got to watch me eat most of the chicken since every one else had eaten earlier. Not to mention we watched Office Space, finally saw facebook pictures of Miller's previous roommate from Montgomery Hall (who, after hearing many descriptions of her in fall 2005, I have concluded is made from hellfire) and ate chocolate chip cookies :-) All in all, a good night, even if there was some work I neglected to do.
Okay scratch some...A LOT.
-ok....NOW end scene-
Today is February 10th and I....
am still waiting for my paycheck to come. damn direct deposit... it isn't quite as direct as I thought it was going to be...
should be reviewing my stat notes....
should finish up my internship applications (though I'm waiting for Lightman's letters of reference....)
better not forget to bring the on campus labels, lolipop labels and extra stamps to the labeling party in the view in an hour...
am wondering why i am having the worst luck with things working out the first time for this psp pr stuff...
am lucky stuff is getting pulled out of the fire for this psp pr stuff...
will start working on this Duke poster for the game after I get back from the View, and am nervous/excited about said game and the ensuing aftermath...
will now take a shower so as not to offend other psp brothers in an hour
No comments:
Post a Comment