Saturday, June 18, 2005

Holding in pee trying to finish this entry....

Hmm, trying to recall what I did on Thursday before that godawful commute home...

Well I still don't have my own phone line set-up, but the woman at the front desk, Yvette, gave me the exact number to the phone that's always ringing off the hook while I'm trying to work, so people will be able to reach me there. Most of the day was spent looking through back issues from seven and eight years ago for "Tough Calls" questions to recycle or tweak according to what's happening in the news today. In one of those issues, the question was asked if you would put a suspicious package in an airport security gate to test how quick security responds as an undercover story. Personally, if I was asked that question, my first instinct would be to say no, especially considering the events of the last several years. However, it is important to note that this was in a 1998 issue, so I shouldn't be surprised that at least one of the three tv personalities asked that question said "yes."

After finding ten questions that could be recycled and giving my explanations for each choice, Sarah and I boiled down the list to four possible questions to appear in a later issue. She said she'll consult with Noreen to determine which one makes it in. I hope she likes at least one of them, that would definitely make me feels as if I was contributing to the magazine (not that I don't contribute, hehe).

Earlier I was beating myself up because I misread a fact in an article, and I included it in an email I sent to about two Chicago news directors until one of those two emailed me back and corrected me. The other one I emailed gave me an automated response which said she wouldn't be back in her office until the 22nd. Gahh, I felt so stupid, but w/e, I'm an intern, I should be allowed room for some error.

Tonight (or if you want to get technical, Friday night) I went to the Inner Harbor with some psp folk: Rachel, Ben, Mike and Allison to be exact. Ben said he was going to call me about plans for the night, so I was sitting in the room chilling, not dressed at all (well tank top & shorts, not buck naked) when all of a sudden there's a knock on the door and there's Rachel. So I was kind of shocked, cause I was expecting some sort of phone call to say when he was on his way, but Rachel said he did a similar thing to her before they picked her up, haha. I threw on a shirt and some jeans really quick and we headed off. We went around in a circle a couple times before we found a parking garage close enough to the harbor, and we ate at the cheesecake factory. Rachel got this curry vegetable dish that had all of us cracking up for a minute cause it came to her looking like this:


the food is actually under that, at first I thought it was a piece of pita bread that nearly exploded Posted by Hello

i'm surprised my bladder held out for so long...bathroom time and off to bed.

No comments: