Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Soon enough, babies will be able to tweet via the womb

There is an article in the Baltimore Sun this week about the popularity of using Twitter...in the delivery room. The bulk of the article focused on one couple where a father awaits the birth of his second child and updates friends on his wife's progress. One of his tweets even said "YAWN … having a baby is BORING right now … last time was drive-thru compared to this."

I'm not saying I hate Twitter (after all, I do have an account) but this guy's tweets did not seem to convey the seriousness of childbirth and I know if I were in a delivery room the last thing I want to see when I'm pushing a 9lb being out of me is that stupid blue bird. So below is what I think is a more accurate description of a delivery room scene.

Click to enlarge and read from the bottom up like you normally would with Twitter:

1 comment:

Slinxie. said...

Ha ha, I read this also.

Ridiculous. I don't support Twitter but come on...you are probably giving your kid cancer.