I'm home for spring break, trying to figure out what I should do beside sleeping all day, consciously avoiding my schoolwork, and watching shitloads of March Madness. By the way, I know I was just being really lazy in not filling out a bracket this year, but boy am I glad I didn't. It is ridiculous how many upsets there have been in the first two rounds.
Bradley upset Pitt. Northwestern State upset Iowa. There are plenty more where that came from. And while Jason and I were trying to figure out where the hell Northwestern State even is (Louisiana of all places, haha) George Mason University BEATS UNC-CHAPEL HILL. Someone tell me how this happens, right now, cause I still can't believe it. So now, GMU plays Wichita State in the Sweet Sixteen, and Wichita hasn't been in the Sweet Sixteen since 1981. This is shaping out to be a ridiculous tournament. Sorry for anyone reading this who doesn't follow college basketball, but regardless of whether the Terps are in the big dance, this tourney is one of my favorite things about March. The weather's pretty crappy during this month anyway, so there's not much else to look forward to but this tournament.
I know I'll start complaining about being home by the week's end, but as of now I'm glad I'm here because summer internship stuff was stressing me out way too much back in CP. Between all the basketball and mom's food, I haven't had a chance to think about it. Plus no more than a 1/2 hour ago, I found out my hs friend Robyn's back in town from Earlham College, so we're going to hang out this week. Yay! I didn't think any of my friends would be on break the same time I would be, especially her, because she had a midsemester break a few weeks ago. She said it's to make up for all the holidays they don't excuse at Earlham, hehe.
I am a little sad though...they're not going to show any Sweet Sixteen games until Thursday. THURSDAY. Gahh...I wonder how I'm going to kill time until then. I just don't see it being killed doing work, but we'll see. I DO have to visit a plantation for my women on the plantation lit class and do a write-up on it before I come back to CP. Guess I'll do some research tomorrow when I wake up at the crack of Noon. Byes :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment