Friday, December 02, 2005

Well at least I write articles on deadline...can't say the same for entries on this blog

Hey, remember me? It's the owner of this blog that hasn't contributed anything to it in over a month. Yikes I'm so bad with updating this thing, so let's see what's new...(btw article writing this past month has zapped the energy out of me, so this will all be in multiple short paragraphs) Going in reverse chronological order:

Tonight I went to a dated shabbat dinner at the AEPi house with Ben. I had a really good time and the food was also delicious. Then afterward we played some sonic the hedgehog (I thought of you Robyn while I was playing :) ) which was followed by another round of guess the obscure artist in Ben's iTunes playlist, then followed by a game of cdrom jeopardy we lost horribly at (though put up a good fight in) and taking turns kicking each other's asses in mortal kombat on gamecube. Overall an enjoyable night though he and I will both be suffering this weekend writing papers we should have been writing while we were doing all that stuff, hehe.

I purposely set my alarm early this morning so I would force myself to call the people at the Greenbelt City Council to get more information for my story due Monday at 8 a.m. The alarm went off at 9:30a.m. and as usual I reached to hit the snooze button to get more sleeptime. Then a split second after I did this, my phone rings. It's my editor at the Greenbelt News Review who proceeds to tell me that my story on the city council meeting made the front page of the paper and that everyone was really pleased with the product considering they knew I was not from the area and am a relatively young reporter. That definitely made me smile, even if I was up at what I consider an ungodly hour on a Friday morning, hehe.

Went to the Minnesota v. Terps game at Comcast and was witness to Minnesota's head coach throwing a hissy fit on the court and throwing his jacket down in anger, which gets him ejected from the game and makes the Terp fans go crazy. Not only did we come from behind and whoop their team, but their coach had to sit in an adult "time out." Awesome game. Then I came back and did some crazy writing to get an article out to Lindsay for Eclipse Magazine, watched some Golden Girls, and passed out.

After an extremely long meeting taking us into the early morning hours of Wednesday, we elected all the spring semester officers for PSP and I am now co-Public Relations chair with Whitney :) I'm so excited, this is my first chair position so I hope I can make the most out of this experience.

Hung out with Jess, Citation (Heather) and Mel at Jess's house Monday night. I had oodles of fun, though I got really tired toward the end of my stay because I had no sleep the night before. The three of them are on the Ultimate Frisbee team here at UMD so there was much frisbee throwing, particularly to whoever was on Jess's tire swing in the backyard. Tragedy kinda struck when while Jess was throwing to Citation, threw the frisbee into her nose and made it bleed. Don't worry, she was okay, Jess even asked her to draw on that huge wall of hers in the basement in her own blood but Citation said there wasn't enough to pull anything like that off. Later on we decided to play beer pong, and I probably would have drank a little more if I wasn't already going to work the next day and if it was any beer other than Keystone Light. Sorry, was never a Keystone Light fan and probably will never be, once it hits my tongue my gag reflex goes into overdrive. Anyways, it was the team of Jess and I against Mel and Citation and I was particularly proud of my ball bounce which won the game :) Yeah it was definitely a team effort, but I feel the need to gloat about the shot, I don't get many opportunities for glory.

***

That's all I can think of now. I still have a few more weeks to badger the The Sentinel to maybe get an internship with their paper for the Spring. So far I have nothing lined up, though I'll probably be busy enough with classes and PSP and the billing/circ desk to notice. I just want all the experience I can get before graduation. I still have to butcher my articles to make copies for Lightman to turn in on December 12th, and I'm hoping semi-formal weekend and Dane Cook will be my lights of hope in the coming weeks. I can't believe this semester is almost over, it went by way too fast.

Hey college life, you're going too fast. Kindly slow the hell down please. That would be appreciated, thanks!

Bye bye for now...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey, I made the blog...mentioned by name. I feel special.

And um, don't read the link that goes with this comment. It's horribly outdated.

During the procrastination process, however, things come flooding back to you.