Sunday, October 23, 2005

I literally have not posted in a month...

So lately I feel I have been slacking in the academics department, and it's kind of scaring me, just because I know I can do better than this. I feel like I'm starting to slide, and it it's not like I'm in a huge hole right now, but I still have to make the effort and it's just not happening.

Also, this whole "being the only student, to my knowledge, that knows how to open McKeldin" thing is starting to annoy me. I'm starting to miss home, and I don't know when I'm gonna be able to come back and visit. Even my dad called and asked when I was coming home :(
*sniff sniff.* I hate inconveniencing the older employees who normally don't work the opening shift on Sundays or don't work Sundays period, and usually I don't have to because I have other obligations that won't permit me to go home. BUT the fact that they aren't training anyone else to do this is ridiculous, and I'm scared to death of that one day when I get sick and/or oversleep and can't make it there to open in time. Was anyone thinking that this could happen when they decided to let ONE person open a library open to the entire campus? Even if Maryam (who works reserves while I'm at the circ desk) gets there before i do, she doesn't know all the codes and wasn't trained to open it. And there's already been an incident a few weeks ago when she was still home in New Jersey when the shift was about to start. What if she can't make it and I'm still in Baltimore one weekend? Gahh, they weren't thinking.

On a lighter note, this weekend was pretty awesome . Both Friday and Saturday night I had wings at Cstone with some PSP folks, and on Friday night I went to a CEOs and Corporate Hos party off of Metzerott. The Unbound Dance Team threw the party and Brie and Becky's roomie, Stacy, is on the team. Their other roomie, Max, and I signed up to play pong, but by the time they got to our name on the player list I think people were passing out, haha. I think that was my first or second "theme" party I've ever been to and that was also probably the most suggestive I have ever dressed (and it's going to remain that way for quite some time, hehe). The rest of the night after wings on Saturday was very relaxed. I laughed my butt off at the Blue Collar Comedy Tour dvd at Noah's place, and then had the pleasure of watching the most recent Dave Chappelle stand up special on Comedy Central at 2 a.m back here. God I love to laugh; it takes my mind off the whole slacking thing (even though technically I'm slacking by partaking in these activities...oh well).

Well, time to sleep so I feel like participating in JOUR320 tomorrow at 8a.m. (me shuddering).

No comments: