After an AIM convo with Benyam earlier in the day, I've been encouraged to finally update this, although this entry will be a change from the usual wordy epics I have on here. I have to get my energy levels up to start writing as much as I had been.
Many things have happened since the last time I wrote in this. I went to Rhode Island for the first time, saw my friend off as she's going to France for the entire fall semester, and went to my sixth Otakon convention.
And I swear I will find the energy to write about all said events...so until then to tide you over, go to public.fotki.com/nataliesimone and find joy in all the pictures I've taken.
I go back to CP on Sunday, and I think it has not been until recent conversations with my friends that I'm finally getting excited to go back. Normally I'm elated to get out of here by the middle of the summer, but as some of you know that I've talked to, I was kind of apprehensive about going back for a few reasons. I felt really stupid for feeling this way too; you'd figure by my junior year I wouldn't have feelings like these, but this school year will start out very different than past ones.
This year, I'll be living in Allegany with my good friend, Sarah, but the thing is, I barely know the other four girls that will be living with me. I have spoken to Grace, the girl I'll be rooming with, and she seems really nice (we both like jenga, so that's always good :) ), but I want to get along with everyone else too. I think Sarah and I both were talking about how we didn't want it to be the kind of place where everyone just did their own thing and we didn't actually interact with each other. I sincerely hope it doesn't turn out that way.
Another reason I was hesitant about being back was that I didn't want to drift away from the friends I made my first two years there. Everyone's going their own separate ways, which is totally fine, but it would suck mightily if I never hung out/saw any of these people again just because we weren't living on the same floor, or building, or even on north hill in general. I guess I'm just scared it will be one of those things like "hey, we'll see each other, make plans, etc." and then it never happens. I also hope this doesn't turn out that way.
I'm hoping that once I get back to school I'll be so overwhelmed that these thoughts will cease to exist...but until Sunday, I'll still be the usual 45 minutes away wondering how this semester will turn out. For now, I'm going to try to soak up as much of this "sleeping-in" thing as I can before my blasted 8am JOUR320 classes...
I promise cheerier entries in the future, i swear, hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment